My wonderful fiancé is obsessed with vanilla. He loves everything vanilla… vanilla scented candles, vanilla cakes, vanilla coke, vanilla perfume, I could go on all day. Thats why his all time favourite cookies are the vanilla crescents. I am thinking about making them for my pastry chef exam in june.
This recipe is so nice because it is not overly sweet and also they just taste soooooo good. They´re soft and crumby at the same time. I really enjoy eating them and I am sure you will love them too.
The recipe is very easy and it is also really quick. All you need is:
100g Ground Almonds
100g Powdered Sugar
For the Dough:
- Preheat the oven to 180° celsius.
- Mix in the flour, butter, ground almonds, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Kneat it, wrap it in cellophane foil and put it in the refridgerator for half an hour.
- When it´s chilled you take it out of the fridge, take a piece and roll it out so you get a string of dough.
- Cut little 3 cm long pieces and form the crescents.
- Put them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake them for about 8-10 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Take them out of the oven and immediately take them off the baking pan to prevent them from further baking.
- Sift together the powdered sugar and vanilla sugar and sift it on the warm crescents.
- Let them cool completely and them sift a bit more of the vanilla powdered sugar on it